Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible dealbreaker

I wouldn't spend it lol don't need to. But may be worth a shot, thanks
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!!   Let us know how it turns out!

Message 22 of 26
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Got anyone you can borrow from (family) to hold in savings until closing.......?   

Actually, don't do the above ^^^.  It is considered fraud for FHA. There is an affidavit you sign at closing saying you didn't borrow any funds for down payment. Even if the funds aren't used, you can't show them to the u/w as your funds...because they actually belong to someone else. I'm not jumping on jlynn0819, just letting you know it will create more issues than you can believe.

You are allowed to have gift funds. But the person that gives you the funds has to sign a gift letter.

Plus the u/w will specifically ask where the money came from and that is why I suggested a couple of other ways to obtain the funds earlier in the thread.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't see where he said it was an FHA loan  - if he did - my bad.

Check with your loan officer before you do it then......

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe I missed something along the way here so sorry if this was already asked and answered, but why can't you go to the bank and request a print out from them?  Not a statement, but just a print out for a specific time frame.  The teller will have to stamp and sign it to validate that it's from the bank.  Since you'll be requesting the specific dates you need, you don't need to worry about when your statement period ends and you can show the ending balance where it needs to be.  Might be worth asking your bank and your LO if this would be acceptable.  Good luck!!

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pj, that's what I had and lo didn't accept them since my name wasn't on the bank printout. I just submitted bank statements today, and asked if they could now use tbe printouts by verifiying the account. Whether it becomes an issue in underwriting well I dont know.
As far as funds, no I definitely won't borrow. I have someone willing to gift and sign gift letter. I want everything done right because its not worth taking the risk of jeopardizing this loan.
I will go into underwriting within a few days, so hopefully all will be okay. Thanks everyone for advice and help, it is much appreciated.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.