Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

Re: Possible reaging tatic for old 2nd Mortage

Sorry hit the Wrong button  here is my Question:

On a 2nd Mortage that had 120 days lates from Feb 2003 til Dec 03, then went to 60 days late Jan 2004, 30 days later Feb 2004 and and then current. I pulled the credit report from another monitoring service and it  updated and showed that they deleted the 120 day of Feb 2003. Why are they deleting this info? It's over 2 yrs anyways and the mortage was paid off but it is still showing it as Open? I want the lates off but are they doing this in order to reage it on keep it on the report?

Thanks for any and all Help

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 2 of 3
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible reaging tatic for old 2nd Mortage

Late payments drop off your credit report after 7 years, though some people have seen them drop off a little earlier (I think as early as 6.5 years, but I don't know for certain).  You're coming up on the 7 year anniversary of your 2/2003 late payment, so perhaps that is what happened.  You may see the same thing occur with your subsequent late payments.  So I don't think there's anything sinister going on, just the passage of time.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.