Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval Documentation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Approval Documentation?

Other than proof of income, do I need to have documentation for anything else? My student loans are currently in the consolidation process. I know how much the payment is going to be, but I haven't received an actual payment book or statements yet. Can I meet with a lender and just let them know how much it's going to be, or will I actually need this documentation? Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Approval Documentation?

@Anonymous wrote:
Other than proof of income, do I need to have documentation for anything else? My student loans are currently in the consolidation process. I know how much the payment is going to be, but I haven't received an actual payment book or statements yet. Can I meet with a lender and just let them know how much it's going to be, or will I actually need this documentation? Thanks.

From what I read here, and what I have experienced, they pull all the info from your credit report.  My student loans are in forebearance for a smaller amount, and had not updated on my report yet, so they included my normal amount when factoring my DTI.  Is this a federal loan?  Did you get a letter saying your consolidation was complete?  I would think you can give them that letter, and perhaps when you get the statements you can update your LO with them.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.