Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Approval with Disputes

tag
xoblondyox
Established Member

Pre-Approval with Disputes

Hello - Would I still be able to get pre-approved with a couple of open disputes?

Experian: 623 (April 09) Equifax: 652 (Aug 09) Transunion: 662 (Aug 09)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Approval with Disputes

maybe.

underwriter may suspend the file if they are cleared up by the time the loan goes thru underwriting

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you can.  I am in the process of getting pre-approved and I have things on my credit that are currently in dispute.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xoblondyox wrote:

Hello - Would I still be able to get pre-approved with a couple of open disputes?

Even with FICO scores of 801, 735 & 731 and front-end/back-end DTI's of 28% and 30%, two separate lenders required that all of my disputes needed to be resolved before I was finally approved for a FHA loan. Even though I only had one dispute that was showing up as unresolved on my EQ CR, it held up my loan approval for weeks.

So be prepared as it may hold you up too.

Message Edited by schlebrock on 07-09-2009 01:54 PM
Message 4 of 5
xoblondyox
Established Member

Thank you guys for your help. I might hold off a couple weeks in that case.

I actually just got an email back from Hilco stating that they will be deleting the entry on all my reports.  I will still have one more dispute open after they update.

Experian: 623 (April 09) Equifax: 652 (Aug 09) Transunion: 662 (Aug 09)
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.