Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Approved - Happy & Mad!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre Approved - Happy & Mad!

Thank you to all the people who post on this site... Because of the wonderful advise given here, I've increased my credit score and have been pre approved for a home.

The Happy Part -

Credit scores went up from TU 595, EX 577, EQ 585 to TU 623, EX 636, EQ 608 - LO Pulled.

I paid charge balances off and had scores recalculated and made it over the hump.

Yippee... House Hunting...

The Mad Part -

I have paid hard earn money for ScoreWatch and I have yet to receive one notice that my score has changed. I've even paid to pull my reports on this site and my numbers are way different.  This site shows me that my TU is 636 and my EQ is 589... Why pay the $$ for a report that is going to  be so inaccurate?

All in all I am grateful and happy to all of your for your information, answers and questions.... keep up the good work!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre Approved - Happy & Mad!

I pulled my scores from here on the same day my LO did in the first week of October.  He pulled my TU score at 639 and this website had my score at 681.  Needless to say I was pretty upset.  They must use different scoring models.  Luckily I am going FHA and it didn't really matter.  If I was trying to go conventional it would have because I would have thought I was ok.  My EQ score was closer, but still 10 or so points off.  Both scores from here were higher than what the LO pulled.   
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lender pulled my score yesterday and the numbers matched exactly.   659.  
Message 3 of 4
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

If the EQ scores were pulled by you and the lender on the same day, they should be the identical if they both use the BEACON 5.0 model.  However, over the summer EQ introduced a new scoring model called BEACON 09, but this is not being widely used yet.  If you determine that your lender pulled BEACON 09, then this would explain the difference.

With regard to TU, you are probably correct in assuming that different TU versions were used.  On this site, and I believe from transunioncs.com, you get the TU 98 version.  Many (but not all) lenders are now using TU 04.

Equifax and FICO Introduce BEACON 09 Credit Score

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.