Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Approved VA Loan and now....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre Approved VA Loan and now....

I have a pre approval for a VA Loan, found a house and went under contract, home inspection is this week and expected to close in July, my lender wanted a letter for the reason why my credit was "dirty", I sent that and now they want a letter explaining all the "dirty"-ness....

Whats the difference between the two letters and does anyone have any advice at all? The "dirty" TL all happened at the same time for the same reason...

Please help...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Pre Approved VA Loan and now....

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a pre approval for a VA Loan, found a house and went under contract, home inspection is this week and expected to close in July, my lender wanted a letter for the reason why my credit was "dirty", I sent that and now they want a letter explaining all the "dirty"-ness....

Whats the difference between the two letters and does anyone have any advice at all? The "dirty" TL all happened at the same time for the same reason...

Please help...

Wow...I hope the LO was more specific than that!

Yes, the lender usually wants an explanation for each item. What happened, what you did to fix it and how will you prevent it from happening in the future. Nothing long - just a short letter of explanation for each derogatory item.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didnt say dirty, I did.... Why would they wan a line item letter after getting an overall letter?
Message 3 of 7
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Welcome to the mortgage process. Be prepared to explain anything and everything. Not knowing what your letter explained, maybe they want more detail.

Message 4 of 7
peepers
Frequent Contributor

agree with above!  we had to do a letter of explanation for the credit pull THEY (the lender) did.  *slaps head*

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 5 of 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@peepers wrote:

agree with above!  we had to do a letter of explanation for the credit pull THEY (the lender) did.  *slaps head*

LMAO!  ^^^ So true. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@peepers wrote:

Same here! Smiley Surprised

I felt like saying, "YOU did it; YOU write it." I then decided that was not a wise response, so I just nodded my head and sweetly complied.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.