Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre Qual Letter with DU Approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre Qual Letter with DU Approval?

We have been working with a lender for a week. They ran our credit and we submitted all tax forms, w2s, check stubs, bank statements, etc. I was expecting to get a pre-approval letter, but instead I got a pre-qualification letter, but in the comments it says "DU APPROVED".

Can someone help me make sense of this? I didn't think that pre-quals had DU Approval. Is this letter worth anything or do I need to wait for a pre-approval letter?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre Qual Letter with DU Approval?

Update: I just got an answer from the lender, but I'll leave this here in case it helps anyone else out.

It is a prequal because there is still some documents needed for the gift funds we are using, but since we want to move quickly, she gave us a prequal letter that states that income has been verified, credit checked and DU Approval obtained. This should give us a strong enough approval to begin looking at houses.
Message 2 of 5
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Most don't have a DU approval. Having DU approval is a good thing. Sounds like a strong pre-qual letter.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the abbrevations thread, but didn't see DU approval.  What does that mean?

Message 4 of 5
sports1965
Frequent Contributor

DU = Desktop Underwriter   it's the software Fannie Mae uses to approve mortgages

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.