Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Write LOE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-Write LOE?

I was wondering if I should pre-write my letters of explanation. My credit is flawless but 2 months ago I paid off my credit card debt of $4,500 and have a feeling they may ask why I made such a large payment. Is it better to submit that to my lender now so we save time? Or wait for underwriting to come back with a request so I don't open a "can of worms"?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pre-Write LOE?

@Anonymous wrote:
I was wondering if I should pre-write my letters of explanation. My credit is flawless but 2 months ago I paid off my credit card debt of $4,500 and have a feeling they may ask why I made such a large payment. Is it better to submit that to my lender now so we save time? Or wait for underwriting to come back with a request so I don't open a "can of worms"?

Greetings and welcome to the forum. You could prewite an LOE, but I would not submit it until asked. Most likely they will not ask why you made those payments. UW would probably only question it if your bank statements/income do not support the funds used to make those payments,

NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-Write LOE?

They would only request an explanation if the funds that completed that payment could not be sourced. I doubt you have to worry about it
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.