cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approval Questions! Lender Help, GA Dream, Bonding Leave!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-approval Questions! Lender Help, GA Dream, Bonding Leave!!

Hi Everyone,
I have quite a few questions and I'm hoping the answers will help me and anyone else in a similar situation.

Ok, so I started the process of getting a pre-approval (it has now been 2 weeks) NO pre-approval so far. I'am a first time homebuyer and as much research as I've done I don't see where it takes this long. My lender (has 14 years in the business, which he reminds me regularly) has communicated with me less than 5 times over the phone and is pretty late to respond via e-mail. I feel as though I have done a great mistake at this point going with this lender but he is a GA Dream approved lender so I thought this was the way to go.

Now, after 2 weeks he is stating after submitting my paper work through automated UW discrepancies have come up (remarks that need to be removed).

I have since contacted ALL bureaus and had remarks removed. I am now being told since I was out on maternity leave in 2015 and 2017 I need a letter of explanation to explain my decrease in pay (I've already provided this)

I am currently on bonding leave (post maternity leave which is unpaid) but I return to work April 1st. My employer has provided a verification letter explaining my increase in pay upon my return. My lender has now said I need to return to work, work 1 month then re-apply again.

I honestly feel as though he has stalled my process since I haven't looked into any other lenders and now I fear another hit on my CR next month when I re-apply with another lender.

Questions?
1. Should I try another lender now while this one is still giving me the run around?

2. I have been on bonding leave for 1 month (my only gap in employment) will this cause me to not be pre-approved?

3. I have 68,000 in SLs my gross yearly income is $51,000 no derogs, credit utilization >3% $7,000 cc carries a $35 balance each month a car payment of $177 paying off before closing on home (once I find one). Im aware that 1% of my SLs will be calculated. I have $10k savings and $41k in 401k
What would be the minimum amount I would be approved for?

4. Do I have to return to work before I can be pre-approved?

Please any lenders familiar with the GA Dream (also took the required course already) chime in!

The GA market is very competitive and I would just like to know what I can afford.
3 REPLIES 3
H-B
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre-approval Questions! Lender Help, GA Dream, Bonding Leave!!

All the approved lenders name is on their website. Regarding Maternity leave no lender can say that you go back to the job especially for pre-approval.  

Message 2 of 4
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Hi Everyone,
I have quite a few questions and I'm hoping the answers will help me and anyone else in a similar situation.

Ok, so I started the process of getting a pre-approval (it has now been 2 weeks) NO pre-approval so far. I'am a first time homebuyer and as much research as I've done I don't see where it takes this long. My lender (has 14 years in the business, which he reminds me regularly) has communicated with me less than 5 times over the phone and is pretty late to respond via e-mail. I feel as though I have done a great mistake at this point going with this lender but he is a GA Dream approved lender so I thought this was the way to go.

Now, after 2 weeks he is stating after submitting my paper work through automated UW discrepancies have come up (remarks that need to be removed).

I have since contacted ALL bureaus and had remarks removed. I am now being told since I was out on maternity leave in 2015 and 2017 I need a letter of explanation to explain my decrease in pay (I've already provided this)

I am currently on bonding leave (post maternity leave which is unpaid) but I return to work April 1st. My employer has provided a verification letter explaining my increase in pay upon my return. My lender has now said I need to return to work, work 1 month then re-apply again.

I honestly feel as though he has stalled my process since I haven't looked into any other lenders and now I fear another hit on my CR next month when I re-apply with another lender.

Questions?
1. Should I try another lender now while this one is still giving me the run around?

2. I have been on bonding leave for 1 month (my only gap in employment) will this cause me to not be pre-approved?

3. I have 68,000 in SLs my gross yearly income is $51,000 no derogs, credit utilization >3% $7,000 cc carries a $35 balance each month a car payment of $177 paying off before closing on home (once I find one). Im aware that 1% of my SLs will be calculated. I have $10k savings and $41k in 401k
What would be the minimum amount I would be approved for?

4. Do I have to return to work before I can be pre-approved?

Please any lenders familiar with the GA Dream (also took the required course already) chime in!

The GA market is very competitive and I would just like to know what I can afford.

You can't be told to go back to work for a month & then re-apply if you are on maternity leave.

Take a look: 

https://www.hud.gov/press/press_releases_media_advisories/2017/HUDNo_17-034

If possible, you should reconsider using the GA dream program. Even if it means taking out a loan against your 401K.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! You are absolutely right, Im scheduled to return to work from leave next week but there really wasn't a reason to hold up our pre-approval process for so long. Thank You so much for this, I have found another lender if GA Dream is also contributing to this then I'll ne better off just using our 401k.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.