Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approval to expire soon

tag
msnabs
Valued Member

Pre-approval to expire soon

I was preapproved for $100K last month and my preapproval is about to expire ( the 17th). I have paid off on CC and gotten to a 75% utli on another card since being preapproved within the past month. My scores are EX 626 TU 631 and EQ 646, but these are scores from last month and the payments/payoffs that I have done have not been reflected just yet on my CR. My question is: should I get another preapproval or just continue looking for houses? I dont wanna take another hit if I absolutely dont have too. Please advise....

Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Pre-approval to expire soon

What is the requirement to extend the pre-approval?  It is another credit check, or simply just supplying an updated paycheck stub & bank statement?  Credit reports are usually good for 120 days from the day it was pulled, that is why I ask.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
msnabs
Valued Member

Hey Shane,

My LO says that there is no new pull on credit but I may have a higher APR, Is that right?

Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@msnabs wrote:

Hey Shane,

My LO says that there is no new pull on credit but I may have a higher APR, Is that right?

you might have a lower one too.
rate cannot be locked until you find a property.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.