cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved and first offer submitted today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-approved and first offer submitted today!

I was pre-approved on 4/12 and finally got to see some houses this morning. I found one I love but there were two offers already in. One at list $255k and one slightly over list. I put in at offer at just about 4k over list. I know there will be other offers and this is a very competitive seller's market right now.  I know it's a long shot and am trying to prepare myself for the offer not being accepted.  I won't know until Monday evening or Tuesday.....I guess I'm just thrilled that I'm even able to look right now.

Wish me luck!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-approved and first offer submitted today!

Good luck! Please keep us updated!
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!

May I ask what lender you are using? I am looking for one too.

Overall, like them so far?

Message 3 of 18
_NERD
Established Contributor

Congrats. I hope you seal the deal. We're buying the first home we looked at. Had to offer another 1k on top of 5k over list just to get the seller to stop considering other offers. We were the first to submit an offer on the 2nd or 3rd day it was on the market.

Best wishes to you. Please keep us update and hope to see you in the May Closers thread soon.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I know this seller now has multiple offers and then held an open house today. I'd say my chances aren't looking good.

Message 5 of 18
undrtkr65
Frequent Contributor

good luck on your offer. I can't wait till the first of the year I'll be buying my first home.
Message 6 of 18
_NERD
Established Contributor

That is EXACTLY why we put in an offer over list price, and then upped our offer when the seller wanted to let people view the home over the weekend. We upped our offer so the seller would stop considering offers.

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So there were 7 offers total. The seller countered 3 of them and mine wasn't one of them.  Oh well, it wasn't meant to be :-(

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

that just means you get to continue seraching till u find ur home stay positive!!!!Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found another home that I want to jump on but they won't be showing the home until 2 open houses are held this weekend and then all offers will be presented to the sellers on Monday (same thing as the last offer). Seems to be the norm around here. Hold an open house, present all offers to sellers, counter the top three offers. I just feel like I'm never going to find anything. I can't even get an offer considered at this rate.

My agent told the seller's agent that I can make a quick and fair offer to eliminate the need for an open house. I doubt it will happen since the sellers all want a bidding war right now.  At this rate, I think my pre-approval will expire before I find anything. This process is quite a bit more frustrating than I thought it would be.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.