Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved finally!!

tag
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Pre-approved finally!!

I finally got pre-approved. I won't get too excited until I see the paperwork. I've read a lot of things that could go wrong so I won't get too excited just yet. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-approved finally!!

I share your apprehension in getting excited too soon, but it's still great that you have made it over one hurdle! Good for you.
Message 2 of 14
Donna1966
Regular Contributor

I felt the same way, but nothing seemed "real" until we got the keys!

Good luck!

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

While believe me, I understand the fear of being excited and getting "jinxed" (sorry, I'm a redneck and that's what we say!), it'll do you NO good to get all stressed out!!

Relax, as Up said, you're over the first hurdle. The next ones will mainly be jumping and fetching every time they need another document.

You'll be fine. Smiley Happy

And oh ... CONGRATS!!!! Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 14
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much guys. I was stressing out before the pre-approval. I haven't been sleeping well for two weeks.

I will try to calm down, but I keep reading these horror stories on here. lol

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am soooo happy for you.  I have my appointment with two mortgage lenders on Monday.  I was nervous but I am feeling really confident.  I love this site.  Everyone's questions are sooo informative.  If you don't mind me asking how much were you approved for?  and what was your interest rate?
Message 6 of 14
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Hi nikki,

Good luck to you!!

I put in for 100,000. Lender told me my rate was 5.18%. Which was really shocking to me considering my scores. Their minimum score is 580. My middle score is 596. 

I'm still skeptical. I should find out all the details today when I get the actual letter. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@musikklvr wrote:

Thanks so much guys. I was stressing out before the pre-approval. I haven't been sleeping well for two weeks.

Enh, no biggie. You'll sleep plenty well after you've exhausted yourself with moving, painting, furniture arranging ... yup, you'll sleep like a baby!! Smiley Wink

I will try to calm down, but I keep reading these horror stories on here. lol

Of course you keep reading the horror stories! That's where you're at mentally ... you want to hear the awful things that can go wrong, so you can expect them -- and be prepared to fight them. So, in that sitch, that's GOOD. Just don't let those horror stories become actual reality in your mind or influence your outlook. Just use them as a tool to expect the unexpected and to know what to do IF that happens.

Any more emphasis you give to those horror stories is just un-needed stress that um ... you DON'T need.

Kinda like those B-movie horror flicks. We learned that if there's a crazed killer on the loose, not to stop and have sex with the first guy we see or get stupid drunk (though watching them fall while they're being chased is ALWAYS funny).

But that doesn't mean we can't let our "hair down" in the privacy of our own, safe and snuggy, homes, right?!

Message 8 of 14
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Yep you are exactly right. Smiley Happy

You guys are awesome!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are my scores

TU: 532 EQ: 608 EX: 586

But mind you they have not factored in that I have paid my CC down to 9% UTI.  Which hopefully will show this weekend. I managed to find lenders that said my score had to be 580.  And I can participate in the Down Payment Assistance Program

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.