Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-approved!

I posted last week about applying for a va loan.....yesterday, my husband and I were Pre-approved for $225k at 3.57%. We start viewing homes Friday! When we first contacted our LO in march my scores were TU513/EXP 513/EQ 458 (lender pull). As of yesterday my scores are TU690/EXP598/EQ639 (lender pull). My TU and EQ we're both lower at this site. Well....our journey to home ownership begins!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sbeasl11
Regular Contributor

Re: Pre-approved!

Congrats! I am here researching for that very purpose. We hope to obtain a VA loan by next fall. They will use his score since he is the veteran...right? I would be very interested to know what you focused on in the rebuild/clean up process. Great job moving your scores so much.

Message 2 of 10
TTR79
Established Member

Congrats.keep us posted.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If both of you are going to be on the loan, your scores will be considered. I am not sure what happens if the loan is only in his name. Marriage=community prop which means you would be on the deed so.....ask a LO. I paid off some old debts including my car note, and disputed a lot of stuff. some was inaccurate and some wasn't but if the creditor takes longer than 30 days to respond the acct is removed by the credit bureau. I also got 2 credit cards and I got student loans (I'm in grad school) the loans, which are in deferment until 2016 actually helped my credit. I piggy backed off of my moms credit card but that only reports to experian. lastly, I was determined and prayerful!!!!
Message 4 of 10
lsjohns00
New Contributor

Hello,

I will be trying for a VA loan close to the end of the year. I was wondering if they only look at the midscore report or if they merge all the information positive and negative on all reports? Just trying to get a head start on what to expect.

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: EQ 653, TU 657, EX 656 Lender Pull (MyFico)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 10
lsjohns00
New Contributor

One last thing, did you have any negative items remaining when you applied?

Message 6 of 10
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Best of luck to you.  Happy house hunting!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our LO used our mid scores.  I have two collections both of which are being reported incorrectly on one report.  That was my lowest score so it didn't matter.  I will, however have those accts removed before underwriting.  Other than that all of my negative stuff is old and at a 0 balance.

Message 8 of 10
Elcid89
Contributor

@lsjohns00 wrote:

Hello,

I will be trying for a VA loan close to the end of the year. I was wondering if they only look at the midscore report or if they merge all the information positive and negative on all reports? Just trying to get a head start on what to expect.

They typically pull all three reports and use the middle score for qualifying. They'll want explanations for any baddies from any of the three reports though.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 9 of 10
lsjohns00
New Contributor

Thanks for the information! My mid score will be above 620 when I apply but I still have unpaid negative items on my report. I have an unpaid repo from 2009 that my ex was suppose to take over financial responsibility for per our divorce. I also have a charge off private student loan from 2007. Other than that I have been paying bills on time.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.