Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-qualified should I?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre-qualified should I?

Hi, I talked to the mortgage officer today. She was so sweet. She suggested I let her pull my credit so we can do a workout plan inorder to make sure I get qualified when I apply in Feb/March 2018..is this a good idea? I know it will ding my credit. I'm certainly going to get financed with her as she works with multiple lenders . 

Thanks for the advice!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pre-qualified should I?

Better to pull your own scores here since your so far away from actually applying.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Better to pull your own scores here since your so far away from actually applying.

@I agree with @Anonymous.. Pull your own scores as it does not have impact than her pulling it.  You need every point you can get for a mortgage.

Message 3 of 5
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

I say to put trust and faith in your loan officer and allow them to review your credit profile now.  

In the event there is a blemish or another issue not reporting accurately, properly or at it's best, you now have PLENTY of time to make any changes (whether it's your own behaviour or a sneaky past creditor) to the data being reported to the bureaus on your behalf in order to enhance your score down the road.  

The impact from a 'hard inquiry' now is nothing to the possible benefit from a seasoned and trusted professional review of your credit profile. 

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should let the loan officer do this, even if  you pull on your own, there are other things they need to look at to better guide you and prepare you.  Just make sure it is a lender whom you trust or others have done deals with and have good reviews.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.