Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproval Pulls

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Preapproval Pulls

I've several contradicting answers in a few threads and I'd like to know definitively: I plan on purchasing a home in November and would like to get preapproved in Sept or Oct. When shopping for mortgage preapprovals will they be hard pulls or soft? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Preapproval Pulls

hard

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent in application through Quicken Loans and watched the hard pulls pile up.  Negatively impacted my credit score but since I've been paying off/down all my credit cards, it went back up again.  They're great to work with though.  Really fast pre-approval and my LO at Quicken said two weeks to finalize (much better than what I'm getting through Wells Fargo). 
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hand carried a copy of my credit report to the first meeting with my mortgage lady and told her not to pull yet and asked her what I should do before the hard pulls come. She helped me figure out what all I needed to do (pay down CCs, etc), then we decided when I was ready for the hard pulls.

She's been nothing but helpful and patient along the way. Don't be afraid to talk to mortgage lenders and ask them what to do!
Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Shnapple wrote:
I hand carried a copy of my credit report to the first meeting with my mortgage lady and told her not to pull yet and asked her what I should do before the hard pulls come. She helped me figure out what all I needed to do (pay down CCs, etc), then we decided when I was ready for the hard pulls.

She's been nothing but helpful and patient along the way. Don't be afraid to talk to mortgage lenders and ask them what to do!

Be careful. Some of these loan officers don't know squat about FICO scores.
Ask lots of questions.

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.