Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproval on mortgage.

tag
tayjoemom2628
Valued Member

Preapproval on mortgage.

My husband and I got prepproved for a $320000 FHA loan @ 5%. We went looking for a house and found one we liked. We put an offer but it wasn't accepted. we decided not to counteroffer. We are going to continue looking.  I recently got approved for $2000  personal loan. How long do we have to find another house before our credit get pull again? Do we have to get preapprove again for a new house that we find?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preapproval on mortgage.

I can't remember how long a preapproval is good for but i want to say our lender told us 120 days. I also believe you will have your scores pulled again once you put in an offer on a home (basically when they're doing your final approval).

I'm sure if you call your lender, they'll easily be able to answer these questions for you. Every lender is a little bit different Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ladyofnight on 03-02-2009 12:54 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

They may or may not pull your credit again before closing even though pre-approvals are generally good for 120 days.  I would definitely not recommend getting any new credit after you were pre-approved.  I've heard stories where someone was approved, opened a new card, and that broke the deal.  Hopefully they'll overlook your small loan or adjust the pre-approval amount rather than flat out denying if they pull your credit again or you have to list out your monthly debts.
Message 3 of 4
tayjoemom2628
Valued Member

I applied for the loan but I was preapproved. It's not on my credit reports as yet.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.