cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preapproved. Found my home. How can I see it TOMORROW?

tag
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Preapproved. Found my home. How can I see it TOMORROW?

I think I found my house. I want to see it tomorrow. The agent I'm working with is supposed to try and schedule appointments for viewings of several homes on Thursday.

Homes around here are going so fast that I'm afraid to wait. Who should I contact about seeing it TOMORROW?

I am preapproved FHA for more than the asking amount and set up with a lender. Should I call my loan officer?

I'm trying not to inconvenience my agent, as we also looked at homes today. 

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preapproved. Found my home. How can I see it TOMORROW?

You should most certainly contact your real estate agent, especially if you've signed a contract with her. She can arrange everything you need & it's her job to show you houses. Let her do her job & email her about it right now. Best of luck, but don't just fall in love & ignore signs of trouble! =)

Message 2 of 9
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

It seemed like she might be unavailable tomorrow. Should I contact the listing agent? I've read that's not good to do...

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In your position, I would be honest in letting your agent know how urgent this feels to you. I've heard of people going to see a house & it goes under contract while they're there! Waiting to Thursday is torture & if she can't make it, she should have someone in her office take you. My agent told me that once we sign with her, we CAN'T directly contact any other agent about houses. I won't be allowed to call & ask questions of the listing agents or anything. 

Message 4 of 9
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Well, I haven't signed anything with anyone, so what can I do?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case, you're free to find another agent. It's really important not to rush these steps though. A quality agent showing me a house in 48 hours is better than some crappy last minute agent that's available tomorrow. You have a lot to think about tonight. Whatever you do, don't use the seller's agent. They're under contract to look out for the seller's best interests & the agent will tell the sellers everything you say.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't like waiting. I always texted her the address I wanted to see and always saw it less than 24 hours of my request...sometimes within a few hours. Waiting might not be a good thing. Good luck!
Message 7 of 9
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Ask your agent to show it to you right away. Yes, appointments have to be made but the right person to contact to see the property is your agent, not your loan officer.

Message 8 of 9
redbeard
Frequent Contributor

Your realtor will contact the listing agent.  If its a matter of a day or 2, the listing agent won't have offers signed/accepted if they thing another one is coming in.  They will wait and compare them to take the best offer.

In my area, homes frequently (almost always) have multiple offers.  The sellers don't even review offers for a while.  As long as your agent has talked to the listing agent, you are fine.

Also, keep in mind, the sellers may not be ready for a showing even though you want to see.  Sometimes, personal life gets in the way.

Dan

Just trying to get my scores to rise from the dead......

Wait.... I think I just heard a heartbeat!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.