Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for a Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preparing for a Mortgage

@Anonymous wrote:

I have Capital One limit $1250 - Balance is 1177 will lower on the 15th ( this will take the longest ) 

I have a QuickSilver limit $700- balance is $562 will be lower on te 15th 

I have a Barclay $limit $500- balance is $354- will be lower on the 18th, well really the 15th

I have a Credit One limit $400-balance is 391- will be lower on the 13th

I have a Target Card limit $300- balance is $107- will be cut in half on the 11th

Try to get them down to 30% as some one else stated.  If you have enough to completely knock out the Target and Credit One Cards do it!  I feel some type of way paying Target interest and I don't even know what Credit One is.  LOL.  Look into the debt snowball.  If you have enough time that's a clear method to paying off your debt in a way that makes you feel less overwhelmed.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much I really appreciate it and will follow your advice 

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you signed up for myFICO Monitoring and used their credit simulator. I found that to be the helpful. I don't see how paying a credit coach is more powerful then working on your credit yourself. I would also find a knowledgeable lender that can look over your credit report and give you tips. I settled some of my charge offs because i know they would increase my score and was given great settlement agreements.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I signed up for the MyFICO monitoring. I did the credit stimulator and it stated that if I pay 367 for the next three month my score would increase. The reason why I hired was because I heard they were really good at what they do, but I really do not like the fact that I have to mail my own dispute letter. I feel if I'm paying you, that's your job not mine. Moreover I have two charge off account with First Premier. I hate them, but I received a letter in the mail from a collection office to make a payment. I am going to call to see if they can offer me a settlement agreement if possible. Do you think this would work ?
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what collection company you received your letter through. I haven't had luck with pfd on a charge off but I have had luck with settling. Now all the COs I settled the OC still held them but had the collection company do the negotiating. My credit score rose after they were marked as paid and reduced to zero. If the CO was sold I didn't bother.
Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your credit coach needs you to mail them so the letters appear as if they came from you and your address.  Otherwise it's mail fraud to list a return address that is not there own.  It isnt that hard to put a few letters in the mail... I mean if you're not willing to do that much for yourself then...

As far as the collections, I've had great luck getting everything I ever owed removed from my credit report.  Tell them you want a pay for deletion agreement and you'll pay them.  If they argue, offer a pay in full settlement rather than paying a settlement balance.  If none of that works, check the date you last paid the creditor and see what the statue is in your state for the creditor being able to sue you to recover funds.  If that limit is 2 years or something low and you're close to 2 years, then maybe wait it out before paying anything.  If you're beyond the statue of limitations, leverage that to your favor!  Tell them if they ever want their money you will only pay with a pay for deletion agreement.  Having outstanding collections settled is a ncie boost to your score but mine jumped like 40 points when I finally got the last collection completely removed!

Good luck OP, if you stay persistent you can really boost that score quickly!

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello , I don't have a issue mailing my own letter. The way I was looking at it is if I'm just starting and I had to pay someone 200 to begin the program why do purchase stamps and envelopes to do some so when that was never discussed. Moreover, I only have two charge off on my account and I just received letter to settle. I will mention the deletion agreement becAuse I never knew about that. So thank you
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.