cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for mortgage, early exclusion?

tag
lynseysmom
Established Member

Preparing for mortgage, early exclusion?

Preparing for a purchase mortgage app in the  next 3 months, have a couple of baddies dated 06/2010 & 09/2010 (my last remaining baddies), just read about early exclusion for the first time.  How has this worked for people recently?  I read that you need the account numbers but I don't know them, my 3B report only shows about 4 numbers with the rest XXXX, is it absolutely necessary that I have them?  I also read on a couple of posts that your credit report shows the expected drop off date, but I don't see that either on my 3B, am I missing someting or do they not include it?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Re: Preparing for mortgage, early exclusion?

I had my BK dropped early from all three reports.  It was suppose to drop on or fter 4/10/17 and they were all gone by the second week of March.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the free government-mandated credit disclosures from annualcreditreport.com -- those should contain those items

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion's policy is to delete 6 months before the 7 years are up

Equifax has been known to delete 1 month early

(You can get more information by reading up on "early deletion" and "early exclusion" on the "rebuilding" forum.)

The most important is probably whichever bureau is going to be reporting your "middle" score.

Message 4 of 8
lynseysmom
Established Member

My first call was to Transunion today, no luck, was told they would both stay on for the full 7  years, which is June & September of this year (we want to be moved before the kids go back to school in August).  

Message 5 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Go online at CK or MF or CCT and dispute due to age
Message 6 of 8
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@lynseysmom wrote:

My first call was to Transunion today, no luck, was told they would both stay on for the full 7  years, which is June & September of this year (we want to be moved before the kids go back to school in August).  

You'll need to dispute online. I called at 6 months prior to the scheduled deletion date and was told the same thing, but was successful with online dispute.

Dispute online.

EX will do EE 3 months prior to deletion. 

EQ will do EE 1 month prior

hth.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try again with TransUnion.

The first overseas rep who picks up the phone has a script. You heard it today, you can hear it again tomorrow. He's not empowered to remove your accounts, really doesn't necessarily know much beyond what he's telling you, so your goal with him or her should be to get transferred to a supervisor. It doesn't have to be a supervisor in the States, the supervisor overseas is fine.

The first rep will keep repeating that the account is schedule to remain on file for another 7 years, etc. etc. When you ask to transfer to a supervisor, he or she will attempt to talk you out of it: "Why don't you let me help you first?" Remind him that he said he couldn't help you with deleting this account, patiently repeat this if necessary. If you are insistent, you will be transferred to the supervisor.

The supervisor is more highly trained (and presumably paid) and has greater privileges than the reps manning the phones. But you still have to press the right buttons if you want the right response according to the script. Tell the supervisor that you are calling about two account that are "approaching the end of the retention period", and you want to him or her to check if they are "eligible for removal". If the supervisor recites the rigamarole about the FCRA and 7 years from the date of first delinquency, politely but firmly repeat, "Yes, thank you, but I'm calling about the ___ account which is approaching the end of the retention period, can you please check if it's eligible for removal?"

This should work... please let us know if it does.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.