Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing to Buy a House - advice please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preparing to Buy a House - advice please

What is the deadline? Is it an artificial deadline?

Personally, I think you need to take care of some things before moving ahead. You simply need to pay down those balances. Both Barclays cards are killing your scores. 

Pay the Logix off absolutely.

Victoria's Secret     819   (2230 limit, 37% utilization)

Care Credit             2791 (6000 limit, 47% utilization)

Barclay Rewards    2356 (2500 limit, 94% utilization)

Walmart                  0

Barclay Apple         4727 (6000 limit, 79% utilization)

Logix CC                198 (1500 limit, 13% utilization)

If you could push your time table by 1-3 months and pay down most of those balances before applying, your scores would go up. And you don't want to go in buying a home with such high balances.

Message 11 of 14
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@boogiesaveslives wrote:
Thanks! In terms of the 9/14 deadline, do I need to apply by 9/14 or before? What's the latest I should apply to get an approval in time?

You need an FHA case number before that date. To get an FHA case number you need to be in contract. So it really depends on how long it takes to find a property and get an offer accepted, but if I were you I'd get pre-approved ASAP.

Got it!  I know I'm pushing it, but preparing for missing the deadline.

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 12 of 14
boogiesaveslives
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the deadline? Is it an artificial deadline?

Personally, I think you need to take care of some things before moving ahead. You simply need to pay down those balances. Both Barclays cards are killing your scores. 

Pay the Logix off absolutely.

Victoria's Secret     819   (2230 limit, 37% utilization)

Care Credit             2791 (6000 limit, 47% utilization)

Barclay Rewards    2356 (2500 limit, 94% utilization)

Walmart                  0

Barclay Apple         4727 (6000 limit, 79% utilization)

Logix CC                198 (1500 limit, 13% utilization)

If you could push your time table by 1-3 months and pay down most of those balances before applying, your scores would go up. And you don't want to go in buying a home with such high balances.

I will have them all paid off in about 3 months, I'm just hoping to beat the FHA deadline (a far reach).  Starting 9/14 they will include student loans that are in deferrment in the back end DTI. Which now that my DTI is down to 45%, the student loan deadline doesn't really matter any more. It's all about paying these bad boys off.

The 2 Barclays will be tackled next and hopefully I'll see a good bump.  I use the Logix for my daily expenses instead of a debit card, so I'm not worried about that one. 

Thanks for the advice.

Starting: TU 616 (VS) EQ 598 (FICO) EX 619 (FAKO)
Current: TU 660(FICO) EQ 702 (FICO) EX 716 (FICO)
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a paid Franklin account removed quickly after I sent a GW letter.  Good luck!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.