OneDirection

Prequalify--but will it be approved in UW?

So I have a prequalify letter with a mortgage company through a LO. But here is my situation:

My income x 2 years is $70,000.  I am only at my current job for 1.5 years right now though.  Even though, I switched jobs, still working in the same field.  Savings have about $15,000.  Credit score is lender pulled equifax 675 experian 656 and transunion 636.  I have 2 collection ccs that are paid in 2008 and 2 medical bills that are paid in collections from 2008.  No late payments x2 years.  4 credit cards with a total bal of 850 total credit limit of the 4 cc is 2500.  Monthly car payment of $475 bal is $18,000 and student loan bal of 50,000 with a monthly payment of $300.  I am trying to get approved for a mortgage of $227K (seller pays closing cost)  with a down payment between 3.5 to 5%.  I am wondering if this loan will be approve in underwriting.  I don't want to put myself through the stress of it all if not.

I was told that I should only use the base pay of my income which would be 60K because I have not been at my job for at least 2 years.  I work as a nurse and was told that my bonuses and differentials and overtime can't be use until after I have been at my place of employment for at least 2 years.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Valued Contributor
tooleman694

Re: Prequalify--but will it be approved in UW?

This one seems borderline. But I think you can pull it off.

OneDirection

Thank you for replying. I made the offer for a short sale. It has been accepted. Now I am just worry about when it's time to go into underwriting. I don't know if it would help if I pull my credit score up or is it better to wait until I am officially 2 years at my job.
New Contributor
fdiggy

Accepted by who, current live ins or Bank.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
New Contributor
fdiggy

I offered on a house over 2months ago that still shows as pending. Have heard notta from Bank. Current owners accepted the offer. Bank tossed offer in trash.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+