Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Private Student Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Private Student Loans

Hi- I am looking for advice on private student loans. Particularly on suing the private (non-accredited) school I attended. Heres my beef: I took a course(4 months) at one of these IT certification schools which are not really a college and not really a technical or trade school. In my view they are a high-priced product of the go-go 2000s and can only fill their classrooms with hype of making gobs of money in the IT field after getting only a few certifications. The price was $20,000. That's right, $20,000 for 4 months of training. Being that I already had 3 years of college towards my IT degree, at the time I thought it might be a good idea to attend this school to get a few certifications under my belt - which I did. The school also promised 1) employers would watch you through school and be ready to hire you when completing the course and getting certified 2) they had jobs waiting to be filled. 3) they worked with all the major employers in the area. None of those were true. After getting certified, completing their course work and even taking on 4 seperate "contract" jobs that the school assigned to me - I still have not been able to get a job in the IT field. YET I HAVE TO PAY $20,000 + 9.25% INTEREST - FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE If I had purchased a car for $20,000 and couldn't afford it - I could sell the car. If I had purchased a home for $200,000 and couldn't afford it - I could sell the house. Why can't a person doe the same for a student loan if the education they received was not of the quality/value to match the price? We have lemon laws for cars, why not something similar for education/student loans? I'm asking if anyone knows of any laws that can help the "little" guy when it comes to an education? Has anyone seen any articles about a student suing a school due to lack of education? Or suing a school for usurious student loans - which I feel this is. Thanks for listening.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Private Student Loans

*bump*
Message 2 of 3
cantretire
Contributor

Re: Private Student Loans

Degrees do not guarantee employment. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.