Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Equifax Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem with Equifax Credit Report

Over 2 years ago, my husband and I had to short-sell an investment property back to Chase, who held the mortgage.  All debt was forgiven, but according to Fanny Mae, we needed to wait 2 years to refinance our primary residence, due to the credit hit the short-sell created.  For some reason, Chase left a discrepancy in my credit report (but not my husband's), even though the transaction was closed.  We found this out during a recent refiance attempt.  We went to Chase and they corrected the discrepancy, as it was only a clerical error on their part.  The error was corrected on all of the big 3 credit reporting sites, except that Experian changed the closing date from the original date, to the date that Chase corrected the discrepancy.  The other two credit agencies kept the original closing date, as they should have.  Now we were denied a refinance loan, as the Experian report shows a closing date that is only 6 months ago, instead of over 2 years ago.  I have tried to speak with Experian to change the notation, but they claim their policy is to list the latest date of any corrections.  Now it appears that we would have to wait another 1.5 years to get a Fanny May refi loan.  What can I do to fix this, or get a differnt loan?  Our credit average is over 730 for both of us, but that doesn't seem to matter.  Help!

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.