Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of Funds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Proof of Funds

Hello and thanks in advanced.

How long before closing do I need to show proof of funds? More specifically will my loan go through UW before I can show them?

Im short as of now but the timing of my bank statements weren't ideal. I just paid off a small 401k loan in advance of taking a down payment loan out of it for a portion of my down payment. Deadline for closing is only 45 days but don't wondering if it will big things down.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: Proof of Funds

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello and thanks in advanced.

How long before closing do I need to show proof of funds? More specifically will my loan go through UW before I can show them?

Im short as of now but the timing of my bank statements weren't ideal. I just paid off a small 401k loan in advance of taking a down payment loan out of it for a portion of my down payment. Deadline for closing is only 45 days but don't wondering if it will big things down.

Did the bank statements you provide to your loan officer show that you have enough funds and are the most recent 2 months? If yes, you don't need to do provide additional documentation for it. If no, start saving money because UW will question it and will ask for more documents to show you have enough money for the downpayment

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

they can underwrite the loan knowing that you have funds(new 401k loan) coming. we do it all the time.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, good to know thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.