Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Tax question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Property Tax question

Hi everybody,

I found a home, went under contract, and did my bank application yesterday!  I am purchasing in Cook County, IL.  The current homeowner receives a senior exemption on her property taxes, which means she gets a discount.  I can see what she pays on the assessor's website, but I can't see how much her property taxes would be without the exemptions.  How will the bank calculate the property taxes?  Will it be based on her current payment or is it a way for them to see how much the taxes are without the exemptions?  

TIA

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Property Tax question

anythingspossible09,

Call the Recorder Of Deeds office 311.  They will give you the info on how it will get reassesed with the regular taxes.  But you can also ask for the taxes of your neighbors and that would give you a ball park figure. You can also go on the web site cityofchicago.org for more help.  I would start with 311 first.

Message 2 of 4
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

This is also part of what the title company does for you during the process

It may not be the quick answer you are looking for

Good Luck

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gigi & Brian--thats exactly the answer I was looking for!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.