Wantsanewhouse

Re: Property Values

I am not surprised.  My home was appraised at $300K a year ago, I just did a short sale for $160K.  They said it was because 90 Percent of the homes in our area were foreclosed or short sale already.

Frequent Contributor
gamegrrl

Re: Property Values

Wantsanewhouse wrote:

I am not surprised.  My home was appraised at $300K a year ago, I just did a short sale for $160K.  They said it was because 90 Percent of the homes in our area were foreclosed or short sale already.

Exactly the same situation for me. While my valuation for PROPERTY TAXES doesn't include foreclosures (making it higher and increasing my taxes), a valuation done to procure a home equity loan DOES include foreclosures (making it so dismally low that after the shock wore off, I sat and cried for an hour).

Most of the properties selling in my zip code are forclosures or short sales, plus I live in an area of larger homes: I only have three bedrooms and most others here have at least four, with most having 6.

Starting Score: EQ 607 TU 693
Current Score: EX via Mortgage Lender 747 - EQ myFICO 780 - TU08 (Walmart) 732 - TU myFICO 722
Goal Score: 800+ across the board!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+