cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing Bank Account Statements to Loan Officer

tag
FTW1958

Providing Bank Account Statements to Loan Officer

I've been reading lots on these boards and thought I was a few months out from applying for a mortgage and was going to get my bank statements in pristine shape before applying but I went looking at new houses this weekend and an aggressive realtor talked me into going ahead and applying for a loan.  Now I'm freaking out about my bank statements they are going to look at.  I have a side business and have lots of deposits from PayPal but that isn't really the problem since I can back them up but I was also putting about 1K through Amazon Payments to get rewards on a lousy 2% credit card which does look very odd.  I can't believe I was even messing with it but got caught up in reading all the miles/points blogs and thought I'd try it.  I was sending my daughter two payments each month through Amazon Payments on the credit card and then she was transfering the $ back to my bank account and I would pay off the credit card.  This isn't illegal and the CC companies know people do it on a much larger scale since it is all over the internet but I'm wondering what I should tell the mortgage guy.  Should I just admit what I was doing or should I say my daughter was paying me back $ which could be the case since she is a college student and I bought her a used car in the last year but if they then want to see her bank statements they will see the Amazon Payments deposits.  I'm really freaking!  I wonder if I should call the whole thing off and wait a few months and try again.

Any mortgage guys that could tell me how to clean up this mess I made???

Thx

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FTW1958

Re: Providing Bank Account Statements to Loan Officer

Also wanted to say the credit card I was using has a zero balance now and none of the transferred money will be used for a down payment if that makes any difference.

Message 2 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

I don't see an issue. They are going to want an explanation and your explanation is what you said here...you did it for the cc rewards. It is a good idea to not do it any more while you are in the mortgage approval process. Talk to your LO about this right away in case the lender has a different idea on what is acceptable or not.

Message 3 of 4
FTW1958

Thanks for the reply!  It will be 5 months before closing and I definitely won't even use the credit cards except for a few groceries that I pay off quickly.  The bank statements will be very clean - payroll direct deposit coming in and monthly bills going out only.

I'll just be honest and hope it's not a big deal.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.