Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pulling CR

I had a mortgage guy give us his insight into our potential for buying a house in July of last year. (friend of the family) At the time his company pulled mine and my wifes reports from all three Twice within on day. I didn't like that but figured he must have had a glitch. We didn't pursue anything with him and haven't talked to him since about a week after the pulls when he advised us what we could do to improve ourselves (I've learned even more here, since)

Those dings finally turned a year old and I said bon voyage to them. Today, I get a SW alert and there is this company again, pulling my credit. Since I gave him permission to pull once, can he pull my reports forever now? Surely not, what is the law on this? I'm hopping mad and can't get him on the phone.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pulling CR

FWIW, I have read page after page about permissible purpose. It appears that since I contacted them, they have a PP. The question remains, how can I un-authorize them? A certified letter should do it, right? The blistering, nasty email I sent him, probably not so much.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.