Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling my hair out from Experian!

tag
hopefultexan
Established Member

Pulling my hair out from Experian!

So, we've been working on cleaning up these reports for months now in hopes of getting a mortgage app going soon. Experian was reporting a judgment that belonged to my husbands' father (he's a jr, same address). FINALLY came off today and the dang score dropped 21 points!! 627 to 606.. I could spit! We've been taking one step forward, two steps back with them. There is one final collection that is paid and we just got a letter that they're going to delete it and should come off any day now.. Will this score rebound? Is this rebucketing?  TU is 665 EQ 658 so I think since midscore is 658 we're still going to move forward with getting our preapproval this week. Just needed to vent :-)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Pulling my hair out from Experian!

Go ahead and vent.

In your case, I would say having the score drop a few points is well worth having the judgement GONE from the report!  If I was a lender, seeing a judgement has more of a negative impact than a lower score with timely payments.

Hopefully the score will rebound quickly.

Message 2 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, your score changed from 627 to 606. Did both scores come from the exact same source (e.g. the lender)?

Message 3 of 7
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

I had a judgment fall off  my reports and the following month my scores went down.  The likely cause is rebucketing. 

Message 4 of 7
hopefultexan
Established Member

Message 5 of 7
hopefultexan
Established Member

Thanks all! The scores were both pulled here. We've been watching and waiting for this to come off and it was not an easy task to get it done. So, we're happy to have it gone but, man it hurts seeing that score drop! Hoping that the last collection deleting will bring back some points.
Message 6 of 7
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

The things I have read from watching others getting collections removed, its removing the final collection that could bring your scores up a ton.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.