Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing a home

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchasing a home

I am in Escrow.  At what point should I have my attorney look at the paper work before my wife and I sign the contracts?  Should I have a attorney look at it or trust my realator?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Purchasing a home

Welcome to the forum,

IMHO, Never, EVER  "just trust a realtor". 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 2 of 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Purchasing a home

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Welcome to the forum,

IMHO, Never, EVER  "just trust a realtor". 

(Or an attorney, for that matter...question everything...and everybody...all of the time).

bz03m3, if you plan on having an attorney for the closing, you might just as well have him in on the "opening", too...especially if it makes you feel more comfortable.

For the most part, though, real estate agents have standard, fill-in-the-blank contracts that are fairly straightforward.   The agent should be able to thoroughly explain items on the contract to you as you go along.  You may want to fill everything in, but then bring it to your lawyer for his review before you sign it. 

It's not the usual procedure, but I've seen plenty of folks do that before, and it's no big deal.  Whatever you feel comfortable with will work.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.