Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Putting the cart before the horse

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Putting the cart before the horse

You're right StartingOver, our lender is great. 

I'm working on the CC utilization right now. My CapOne is already reporting at $0. My NFCU card will report at $78 balance on May 4th(that's when NFCU reports to the bureaus). The goal is to pay off my husband's CapOne card that I'm the authorized user on and have that reporting a $0 balance. His bill is due May 13th, so that will be handled.  

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Putting the cart before the horse

Im not sure if this would apply to your situation but it did to mine. I did a conventional refinance and had a few small challenges mostly to do with cash.

First, just make sure you deposit the cash more than 3 months out from going to UW. Atleast with conventional thats what I was told... it just takes a little planning ahead if you have that option.

The second option, like someone mentioned, pay the card with his account and call it a day. I did this with some paypal cash and had no issues.

And finally, I dont know if this applies to all situations but with my conventional loan there is a new guideline in place. You can deposit cash into your account up to no more than 50% of your monthly income. So if you take in for example $5k per month you can deposit up to $2500 per month in cash. I just did this one week ago and received clear to close with no issues

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.