Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualifying for Mortgage in Another State

tag
kingmidas
New Contributor

Qualifying for Mortgage in Another State

I was thinking about moving to another state of course after securing a job which would be in the same field.  My question is would it be hard to qualify for a mortgage just because your new to that state and any advice to offer.  Any input is greatly appreciated!

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Qualifying for Mortgage in Another State

Assuming that your employment is in the same field then I cannot imagine why that would be a barrier to qualification for a mortgage. People move for employment purposes all the time. Of course your profile would still have to meet all the other qualifications for the loan.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Qualifying for Mortgage in Another State

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

Assuming that your employment is in the same field then I cannot imagine why that would be a barrier to qualification for a mortgage. People move for employment purposes all the time. Of course your profile would still have to meet all the other qualifications for the loan.

+1 - they are probably going to want to see a valid offer of employment prior to closing other than that you will be fine.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.