New Contributor
kingmidas

Qualifying for Mortgage in Another State

I was thinking about moving to another state of course after securing a job which would be in the same field.  My question is would it be hard to qualify for a mortgage just because your new to that state and any advice to offer.  Any input is greatly appreciated!

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
HoldingOntoHope

Re: Qualifying for Mortgage in Another State

Assuming that your employment is in the same field then I cannot imagine why that would be a barrier to qualification for a mortgage. People move for employment purposes all the time. Of course your profile would still have to meet all the other qualifications for the loan.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
203bravo

Re: Qualifying for Mortgage in Another State

HoldingOntoHope wrote:

Assuming that your employment is in the same field then I cannot imagine why that would be a barrier to qualification for a mortgage. People move for employment purposes all the time. Of course your profile would still have to meet all the other qualifications for the loan.

+1 - they are probably going to want to see a valid offer of employment prior to closing other than that you will be fine.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+