Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualifying for a NFCU 100% Homebuyers Choice Mortgage

tag
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Qualifying for a NFCU 100% Homebuyers Choice Mortgage

I am planning on applying for Navy Federal's 100% Homebuyer's Choice Mortgage later this year.  I discovered NFCU's zero down mortgage program about 2 years ago.  Back then, the mortgage seemed really hard to qualify for, but now, it seems a lot easier. I have seem a couple of folks on this board with mid-scores in the mid 650's qualify. 

So have they really loosened their requirements?  My mid score was about 615 last year, but I expect a huge jump when I consolidate my credit card debt and as the effects of a redeemed repo about 2.5 years ago fade.  I am hopeful that I'll get a huge jump as my Experian mortgage score is 715 (not quite sure why there is such a discrepancy between my top and mid scores). 

Do I have a shot at qualifying?  I have a loooong  and varied credit history, good income, and the only major derogatory I've ever had over the past 20 years was the redeemed repo (a loan I had cosigned for a family member).  I reeeeeeeallly want this mortgage. 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Qualifying for a NFCU 100% Homebuyers Choice Mortgage

It's my understanding that it's essentually a USDA mortgage, and if you have the credit you say you have, then you have a good shot at qualifying.  I would suggest speaking to a NFCU LO to see if they can offer additional insite based on a review of your credit.

Message 2 of 3
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

Re: Qualifying for a NFCU 100% Homebuyers Choice Mortgage

Oh wow, that really gives me hope!  Thanks SunknLiner!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.