Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qualifying for a mortgage with 5% down payment

tag
shanao621
Regular Contributor

Qualifying for a mortgage with 5% down payment

Hi All, 

I'm really hoping you might be able to shed some light on mortgage qualification. I'm frustrated because I am searching for a home in the greater Boston area and prices here are very high, to get anything decent you really need to be able to afford at least $600k for a 3 bed, 2.5 bath single family. I've been preapproved for an FHA loan with PMI up to $550k, but I'm really hoping to find a solution that offers an option that can get me to $600k or avoids PMI all together! Here are the specifics of my situation

Annual Income: $190,000

Current D/I: $10%

Down Payment: $40,000

Credit score is ~650 today but I'm paying down my revolving debt, so my utilization should be <15% by the end of May, and several major baddies fall off my report in the next 60 days. Which should increase my score to 700+

Are there any programs out there where I can avoid PMI or qualify for up to $600k. My search suggests no but I figured I'd ask anyway. 

Starting Score: FICO TU 503 FICO EX 470 FICO EQ 498
Current Score: FICO TU 705 EX 698 FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700 Club

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.