Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quesiton for those who are building or have built new homes

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Quesiton for those who are building or have built new homes

When my realtor took us out to look at homes, all the homes had the keys in lockboxes or the door itself unlocked by code. We never saw a home that was unlocked.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 21 of 24
BCullum
New Contributor

When I was looking through homes, it seemed like every other one was unlocked. My wife was all nervous walking into them.
Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 22 of 24
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

I drove by pretty much daily and photographed the whole thing. Might come in handy later when trying to sort out where wires and pipes are in the walls.

I also called the builder whenever I spotted something as it's easier to fix beforehand and I couldn't afford for my closing to be delayed.  Good thing, too as one day I walked in to find formica countertops when I upgraded to granite. Yeah, that was a fun conversation. Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 23 of 24
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

When they were framing the house we found that they had framed our master bathroom incorrectly.   I'm not sure what would have happened if we didn't catch it until this stage.   

Its funny to me though because our house is at the same stage as another one, I am kinda in my own personal little competition to see who closes first but our house is locked up tight at the end of the day and the other house is always open.  I never see owners at the other house so I've kinda wondered if they lock ours up because they know we are there so often haha. 

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.