Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question:Applying for credit after closing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question:Applying for credit after closing

So I called Mortgage Solutions of Colorado and they said my mortgage was sold to PHH Mortgage.  They said they mailed me a letter on June 5th but I have not gotten it yet so they e-mailed me the letter.  I looked up PHH and the one that my payment goes to have no rating with the BBB HOWEVER there is one located in CA I think that has a F rating.  Lots and lots of un-resolved complaints.  Then, I looked at my temp payment coupon and it says my payment is due July 1, 2018!  Real professional.  This makes me nervous.lol

Message 21 of 26
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So I called Mortgage Solutions of Colorado and they said my mortgage was sold to PHH Mortgage.  They said they mailed me a letter on June 5th but I have not gotten it yet so they e-mailed me the letter.  I looked up PHH and the one that my payment goes to have no rating with the BBB HOWEVER there is one located in CA I think that has a F rating.  Lots and lots of un-resolved complaints.  Then, I looked at my temp payment coupon and it says my payment is due July 1, 2018!  Real professional.  This makes me nervous.lol

Haha, lol indeed.

There are a lot of unknown players on the secondary market and we as consumers really have no control over it.  I'd be calling the lenders and getting better information than that, might even have the lender send me another, correct form this time too for my own records.  

Getting the impression keeping rigorous documentation all of handoffs of my mortgage post-closing might not be a bad idea.

        
Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha, lol indeed.

There are a lot of unknown players on the secondary market and we as consumers really have no control over it.  I'd be calling the lenders and getting better information than that, might even have the lender send me another, correct form this time too for my own records.  

Getting the impression keeping rigorous documentation all of handoffs of my mortgage post-closing might not be a bad idea.

I already did.  The girl laughed and then e-mailed me a new one.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

First congrats on the house. I app'ed for 2 chase cards like maybe a week after closing my house loan (loan and cards were all chase). But boy do I remember freaking out thinking something would go wrong and they'd take it all back!
I've come down a long hard rebuilding road, and starting to get back on track. I'm still pretty sure it's all a dream Smiley Happy
Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
First congrats on the house. I app'ed for 2 chase cards like maybe a week after closing my house loan (loan and cards were all chase). But boy do I remember freaking out thinking something would go wrong and they'd take it all back!
I've come down a long hard rebuilding road, and starting to get back on track. I'm still pretty sure it's all a dream Smiley Happy

I feel the same way.  Life is so much different than it was a couple years ago.  I finally feel like I can breathe a bit.  So Chase gave you two cards?  Which two if you don't mind me asking?

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom and Slate
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.