Regular Contributor
Iincognito

Question: Programs with 3.5% down and no PMI

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone,

I went to an open house in my neighborhood and learned that there are programs available to first time home buyers that allow for a low down payment w/out the need to buy PMI. Is that true? The only program I know of that allows for a low down payment is an FHA loan, but that requires PMI.

I live in Newbury Park (Ventura County), California.

EDITED: We're looking at buying a home between $475K-$550K with about 3.5% down; Annual salary is around $125K.

Current Scores (as of 04/22/13): EQ FICO=795; TU FICO =766; EX =763

BankAmericard Cash Rewards ($20,000) | Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex Clear ($20,000) | Amex Blue Cash ($2,500) | Chase Freedom ($11,000) | PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards ($5,000) | Barclaycard Apple ($5,000) | Discover More ($6,500) | BankAmericard Cash Rewards [Authorized User] ($15,000)
Contributor
Blackhawks_girl30

Re: Question: Programs with 3.5% down and no PMI

Yes there are programs with low down payments and no PMI, but there are generally restrictions.  A few banks by me have this type of loan.  Generally you can't make over a certain amount for income, interest rate is higher and the credit part can be a little bit tougher.....at least in the loans I had looked into.  Just shop around to a few places and ask if they do Conventional loans with lower down payments.  Good luck =)

Regular Contributor
courtney091082

Re: Question: Programs with 3.5% down and no PMI

My area has a program but it's only if you meet the income requirement / restriction. You can't make over a certain amount, for our area I think it was a max income for $45k a year for a family of 3. A realtor had told me about it, but we made too much to qualify. If you can find a program that allows no pmi go for it if the other terms are good.

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}