cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question? Reserves? Closing? Going VA Need Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question? Reserves? Closing? Going VA Need Help!

Ok I have made a offer on a home that is being built.  Should be finished in two months.  $142K There asking for 1K earnest money.  My closing is going to be 4500.  There going to pay 1900 of the closing that leaves me paying $1600. 

Now the bad news.  I have had a few issues over the past month and have used $900 of my savings.  Had both cars break down in the same month and paid cash to repair them.  I talked with my Broker today before I sign this deal and she went back over the numbers.  She is asking me to show reserves of two months mortgage payment.  Well I can will have the 1600 for closing but will be close on the reserves ($1800).  I have two plus months time to get this together.  How much of a issue will this cause. 

I have some family that also owes me some money $500 that may be able to get that back to me over the next two months.  

If I sign this put up the money and have my $1600 closing how picky are they on the reserves. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Re: Question? Reserves? Closing? Going VA Need Help!

We just closed in July. We did not have to show any reserves. All we had to show was the closing money in the bank.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question? Reserves? Closing? Going VA Need Help! Shane

Shane if I can show that I will have the money saved will that be ok or do I have to have it available when they put through the loan?  

I am suppose to call them back today and make a decision.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.