Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Clear to Close?

tag
mlearma
New Contributor

Question about Clear to Close?

I guess I should be happy...we are scheduled to close tomorrow at 3:30.

Our broker sent us the "clear to close" message at 7:30 am last Friday and said to schedule it for late Monday.

Then a few hours later he came back and said "good news...the closing department did your final audit and it is ready to send your packet to the title attorney".  I need you to send your two most recent bank statements.  He promised this was it and we were 100% good to close on Monday.

Is that normal, because I swear I've given the same bank statements at least 3 times.  He said this time it came from the closing checklist and not the UW.

THis process has been "horrible" and I just can't stand it anymore.  We applied 1/9 and have given documents again and again and again. 

I'm praying that by tomorrow night I can actually enjoy my new home. 

Thanks and any advice would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Clear to Close?

2012 and that's just the way it is today.

Message 2 of 10
namvet
Established Contributor

@mlearma wrote:

I guess I should be happy...we are scheduled to close tomorrow at 3:30.

Our broker sent us the "clear to close" message at 7:30 am last Friday and said to schedule it for late Monday.

Then a few hours later he came back and said "good news...the closing department did your final audit and it is ready to send your packet to the title attorney".  I need you to send your two most recent bank statements.  He promised this was it and we were 100% good to close on Monday.

Is that normal, because I swear I've given the same bank statements at least 3 times.  He said this time it came from the closing checklist and not the UW.

THis process has been "horrible" and I just can't stand it anymore.  We applied 1/9 and have given documents again and again and again. 

I'm praying that by tomorrow night I can actually enjoy my new home. 

Thanks and any advice would be much appreciated.

Don't see any problems here.  Sounds like the different departments are not the same page.  Mutiple requests for the same document happen all the time.  You got the clear to close so get ready to sign your life away.  Congrats on the new home.

Message 3 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@namvet wrote:

Don't see any problems here.  Sounds like the different departments are not the same page.  Mutiple requests for the same document happen all the time.  You got the clear to close so get ready to sign your life away.  Congrats on the new home.

+1 Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I completed a refi last week and I gave them all the documents upfront in Jan but then they wanted updated ones in Feb.  And at the end they had to re-verifiy my employment.  They called it a quality control check.  My broker said that's typical these days.  But, everything went fine and they paid off my old loan on schedule.

Congrats and I hope everything goes just fine for you as well Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I closed on 1/24, and I had to do the same thing... Also, the seller on my house had to go home to get their paystubs in to their lender and get them submitted before closing on their new house...  So ya, seems typical these days.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 10
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Yes, your documentation has to be current, not later than 30 days old and in some cases, less than that. Especially paystubs!  I have seen lenders check employment (again) the day before closing!

Message 8 of 10
namvet
Established Contributor

Getting a mortgage processed, approved and closed has always been difficult.  Having borrowers and their loan officers jump through hoops has been going 'on for years.  I think underwriters feel the need to "CYA" and justify their employment.  Those last minute conditions really cause a lot stress.

Message 9 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

That's common.  They also checked my employment again just a couple days before closing.  They actually used an outside company to do it, said it was part of some new requirement.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.