Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about FHA preapproval

tag
teton
Regular Contributor

Question about FHA preapproval

I am in the process of getting preapproved for an FHA loan prior to putting a bid in on a house. They took my information about income, savings, etc. and pulled my credit about three weeks ago. I just got a letter from them asking for income and asset verification (pay stubs and bank statements). I'm wondering how far into the process they do this? Am I getting close to the end or am I still at the beginning of the process?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about FHA preapproval

@teton wrote:
I am in the process of getting preapproved for an FHA loan prior to putting a bid in on a house. They took my information about income, savings, etc. and pulled my credit about three weeks ago. I just got a letter from them asking for income and asset verification (pay stubs and bank statements). I'm wondering how far into the process they do this? Am I getting close to the end or am I still at the beginning of the process?

Teton, you are definitely at the beginning of the process. They haven't even asked for your first born yet :-)!!!! But seriously, the income and asset verification is just the beginning. There might be other things in your file they will ask you to verify or explain by letter. You may have several things they want you to verify up until your closing date. So my only advice is be patient, when you're waiting months and months to hear something, like some other folks that post on this board have been through, then you start asking questions. But if your DTI is low, CR's clean of major baddies, score and income high enough, don't worry, you'll be fine. FHA is rather easy to get approved for.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about FHA preapproval

Hello i have a ??? as well...once you are approved by FHA how easy is it for lenders to then approve you for the loan?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.