Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a dispute on CR from lender

tag
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

Question about a dispute on CR from lender

Hi all,

I have applied for and been given a pre approval for an FHA loan. I have a dispute with Kohls from 3 years ago for a late payment. Some one charged a small balance on my Kohls card years ago. I did not receive a statement and hadn't gotten statements for awhile because I had no balance. I happened to charge something at Kohls and checked my account and that is when I saw the balance and that there was a late charge on a balance I didn't create. Anyways I called them and they removed the charge and late charge but have refused to remove the 30 day late on my credit report. So I disputed it. It is still on there after 3 years. 

The lender sent me a copy of the report and asked for an explaination on the Kohls thing. I am sending the explaination but I am wondering should I just call the CRA and have the dispute removed? I have heard FHA wont go through if you have a dispute on your report. Is that true?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about a dispute on CR from lender

It's always best to have disputes or dispute comments removed prior to applying for a mortgage. Not 100% sure about the loan being denied for it, but doesn't look good to lenders.

Message 2 of 3
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about a dispute on CR from lender

Thank you for your reply

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.