Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about back taxes/disclosure on mortgage application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about back taxes/disclosure on mortgage application

I have a question about back taxes owed.  I owe for 2007 taxes because my income jumped much more than I had planned for.  I currently owe just under $3000 and have been in a payment plan for a while for $150 a month.  I'm looking at some of the forum threads here and see that most people disclosed this on the mortgage application.  My mortgage application asked if I was delinquent on any federal debt and then had in parenthesis (excluding federal income taxes).  So... I did not disclose the back taxes owed.  Does this seem correct, or could I possibly have read this wrong?  I don't have a lien - there is nothing on my credit.  I'm aware this would come up in the report they pull, but it wasn't required to be disclosed.  Does anyone know why my application would exclude federal income tax debt?  This was for a USDA loan.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about back taxes/disclosure on mortgage application

Also, my loan has been in the processing stage for almost 2 weeks now and I have not heard of any issues.  If this was an issue, wouldn't this have been one of the first things to have come up and I would have heard about this by now - as far as if it was going to hurt my DTI, etc?

I have not been in the payment agreement for 12 months yet - is this going to hurt me?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

In case anyone is wondering what the answer to this is - I just found out I'm ok.  I'm not considered delinquent if I've been making my payments on time, etc.  So I was correct to not have to disclose this as "any delinquent federal debt."
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw your question or I could have tried to chime in too. I also owe a few years but am making regular payments also. My lender told me the same thing and there are no liens against my credit report or bank account. Isn't it great news?

Karen

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.