Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about checking accounts

tag
MsKarmaNYC
Valued Member

Question about checking accounts

My husband and I are in the process of building a house via DR Horton/DHI Mortgage/USDA as I stated in a previous post. I know we need bank statements for at least 2 months. We use our Fidelity Investments smartcash chkg accounts for our direct deposits primarily because we get the money DD 2 days before payday, no fees, and our jobs are affiliated with them. My question is the earnest money we used a few months ago was from our actual bank account/Renasant not the Fidelity. I know Fidelity is a brokerage firm not a bank. Will this be an issue? Do we need to switch it back to our Renasant account? we only have a portion of our money going to that account so we can pay our car insurance via automatic draft. We primarily pay our other bills from our Fidelity accounts. I would ask the LO but he takes forever in a day to get back to us. Thanks.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

Re: Question about checking accounts

My wife and I also use Fidelity. Your smartcash account is a bank account (with UMB bank I believe--I can't remember right off the top of my head). The one problem you will have is with the closing. Fidelity will not provide a cashier check (at least we could not get one). We simply transfered the money necessary for closing to different bank which would provide  the necessary cashiers check for closing.
TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Question about checking accounts

And be sure to keep a paper trail of the transfers (statements usually suffice unless it was a check, then the check is also needed)).
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.