cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about disputes remarks

tag
Ne0

Question about disputes remarks

I have a question about dispute remarks, I am in the process of buying a home via Homepath my LO sent my file to underwriting and asked me to remove the disputes from Experian and Transunion. Now my question pertains if anyone has lost an approval because the score drp after the disputes been removed. I searched on the forums found people with same questions and concern but I wasn't able to find the end result. Thank you in advance for your help.

My score per LO pull:683,673,673 with the disputes remark 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about disputes remarks

To my understanding dispute remarks removals do not affect the score if its on a collection. If it is on a charge off or tl then it will affect your score. When I had dispute remarks removed my score went up but that's cuz I had them removed and another collection removed at the same time so idk if it actually effected my score.

Message 2 of 7
Ne0

Thank you for your response.

Message 3 of 7
RJA
Regular Contributor

I had my dispute remarks removed from all three reports - my score was not affected. 

However all dispute comments were on old disputes, tradelines with zero balance, and debts had been included in bankruptcy.

Message 4 of 7
Ne0

Thanks for your response. I'm freaking out a lil bit because fako scores before the reamarks were taken out were: exp:687, EQ:631, Trans:678. EQ did not have disputes comments. Today I wake up and EX shows 626 and Trans:643 with the remarks out. When my LO pullmy credit the numbers he got was 673,673,683 on 07/26

Message 5 of 7
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i have only had one client experience a score drop..... he admitted LATER that the accounts were actually in dispute when i pulled his credit.... and not just comments that remained from old disputes.  *groan*

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 7
Ne0

OK, thanks for your response if I may ask, just because my fako score drop, my fico wont drop?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.