Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about lender pull and interest rates

tag
tsever01
Valued Member

Question about lender pull and interest rates

So I have worked hard to clean up my credit report over the past several months so that I could purchase a house.  My EQ score is now 681 and the TU that I pulled from this site is 675 (I know that it is likely not accurate) so I think I am ready for prequal.    I could probably sqeeze several more points out by paying down one of my credit cards and I am still trying to GW a charge off.  My question is this.  If I have the broker pull my credit now for prequal will the score that the pull be the score they use when determining interest rates or will they pull again?  I am trying to decide whether or not to wait and get my scores as high as possible or should I just go for it?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about lender pull and interest rates

depends which loan you're going for. Also, home prices and interest rates are going up, at least where I live, Las Vegas. So I'm happy to be under contract now and should have a 4% rate at close. It's a shortsale, so who knows in this market.
Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
tsever01
Valued Member

Re: Question about lender pull and interest rates

I am trying to get into a USDA Guaranteed loan.  House prices in my area are pretty much at a standstill it seems.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.