cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about mortgage inquire and possibly being denied.

tag
mwmiller82
Contributor

Question about mortgage inquire and possibly being denied.

Ok, asraised as of 2 days ago I wanted to see if my scores was matching what I've been pulling here on my FICO incomparison with lenders. A broker pulled my scores and they were 620/620/657. Now, he told me I pre qualified, but he could certainly pre approve me if I sent income forms, ID, etc. the only problem is the first time home buy program I wanted to go through in my state needed a score of 640 in order to get down payment assistance, and theinterest rate is 2.75% whereas I'm hearing FHA is a 3%-3.5%

So, my main question is, I know I can get my score up another 15-20 points in two months but now I am worried since he pulled my scores with a hardmpull and when I try to reapply in another month or two, I will probably get denied because of the score pull. Am I over worrying or am I in the clear since I didn't actually apply for anything but just a hard pull from a mortgage broker?

Thanks I really need to know.

Starting Score: TU527 EQ517 April 2012
Current Score: TU535 EQ540 May 2012
Current Score: TU631 EQ620 October 2012
Goal Score: 675

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mwmiller82
Contributor

Re: Question about mortgage inquire and possibly being denied.

bump

Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

It's not a big deal. Your future lender might ask about that pull, but you can explain to them that you applied x months ago and although approved, you wanted to wait for the right time and delayed it for a short bit.

Message 3 of 4
mwmiller82
Contributor

Thanks llecs!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.