Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about mortgage lender pulling scores

tag
JP1968
Valued Member

Question about mortgage lender pulling scores

Hi.

In January I started talking with a modular home company.  They talked me into letting them pull my credit. They said they have a program that will tell them what exactly I needed to do to get my score where it needed to be to qualify. 

So they pulled it on  January 19th and told me what I needed to do (pay down my credit card to no more than $200) to get the 28 points I needed.

They were supposed to be working on getting me prices etc. on the plan I wanted.

On Feb.26th they emailed me and asked me if I was ready to pursue the loan.  I had an alert from either credit karma or credit sesame that my credit was pulled.

I emailed him the next day and asked if they had done it, they denied it.

A few more emails over the next 2 months, but they never got me what I needed.  Around April 23rd, I was contacted again.  They pulled my credit again without my permission and I only found out about it from another alert.

The finance guy (who I am told is the top guy in the company) and I got into a verbal arguement over the phone.  I told him he needed to get the hard pulls removed from my credit report because they were not authorized.  He ended up hanging up on me and told me to go elsewhere.

I don't know if they have been removed or not at this point.  I can't understand how they can pull 3 times when they only had permission to pull the first time.  Is there anything I can do?

Thanks,

Jodi 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.