pennygirlal

Question about taking a mortgage out on a property

Hi,
My husband & I are self employed; His Fico 724 mine 697.
We currently have 2 mortgages, one in my name, one is his. We are looking at a new property that we want to purchase for 70,000, rather than go through the hassle of a mortgage to buy the property, we are considering using one of the many offers for a personal loan for 50 k and pay the balance by cash.
After the purchase, repairs/renovations would be necessary we would then like to take out a note on the property to repay the 50 k loan & do repairs, how does this work if you own a property with a clear title and then want to "mortgage" it?

Super Contributor
ShanetheMortgageMan

Re: Question about taking a mortgage out on a property

It's just like any other refinance except there would be no payoffs... however if you are just going to borrow $50k again, and unless the home isn't in passable condition (per lenders/appraisers guidelines), why not put $20k down and then use the $50k personal loan for the repairs?  Less transaction costs that way since you are going to have to pay an escrow/closing agent fee once when you buy it and then again when you refinance it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}