Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about tax transcripts

tag
indiasnowden
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about tax transcripts

When I went through my tax transcript fiasco, my LO at Wells and my loan processor both told me that it is a condition of the underwriting process, (due to the fraudulent practices in the old days which caused people to qualify for loans they really couldn't afford), for tax transcripts to be sent directly to the underwriter.  You can order them but you must check the box, list the name of your mortgage company and the underwriter for your loan, in order for the IRS to send them.  It is quicker and easier for your mortgage processor to order these using their service. 

The tax transcripts are the worst part in my opinion.  Unless you owe the IRS money, they do not inform you that they have not received a return from you for xxxx year.  If I ever decide to go through the mortgage process again, which is highly doubtful, I will include asking the IRS for my tax transcripts on my to do list pre mortgage application time.

That way, no surprises.   Good luck.

Starting Score: 'All three mid 500s as of 1/1/16
EQ: 633 6 TU: 644 EX: 634 as of 3/11/17 via MyFico
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 12
mauve
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about tax transcripts

I've since received them in the mail - I go to underwrit ing if/when I get my price adjustment.  *hopeful*

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.